- 1/2 lb bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green, yellow, red, orange, purple pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 lb. fresh greens (kale, spinach, arugula)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half, or milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice ( cheddar, goat, or feta all work well)
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro your choice
- Optional: sliced jalapeño, sliced ripe avocado
Preheat oven to 375. In a well seasoned 9 inch cast iron skillet, cook chopped bacon until crispy and done. Leave 1 tablespoon bacon grease in skillet.
Add onions, garlic, spinach, peppers and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile beat eggs, milk and grated cheese together (you can omit cheese and just sprinkle on top). Add egg mixture to skillet, reduce heat to low. Add sliced tomatoes to top.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on stove, until egg mixture has set. Transfer skillet to oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Top will be a deep golden brown.
Add toppings: avacadoes, cilantro or parsley, jalapeños, cheese of your choice.