- 12 ounces, Ziti or Farfalle (bowtie) Pasta
- 1 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used a Garlic Infused Olive Oil from Experience Olive and Grapes
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 whole Zucchini, Cut Into Small Wedges Or Diced
- 2 yellow Summer Squash, cut into small wedges or diced
- 1 pint red cherry or grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs. Pesto
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water until completely cool.
- Add flavor infused oil, and then add salt and pepper to taste (do not under salt). Toss to combine.
- Add squash, zucchini, tomatoes, cheese, and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together olive oil and vinegar and pour over pasta. Toss.
- Cover and chill for at least a couple of hours. Pasta is best when chilled for a few hours before serving.
Add more of what you think it needs; I like to go heavy on the Parmesan! Drizzle more olive oil or vinegar if it needs more moisture.
*Note: Add grilled shrimp, grilled chicken, or grilled flank steak if you need a little protein.