Cast of Characters:
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil or olive oil of your choice,
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry Pear Infused White Balsamic Vinegar or Red Apple Infused Vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt,
- 6 cups torn kale leaves, big ribs removed and discarded
- 2 small apples, cut into thin pieces
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/2 cup honeyed pecans (see below)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese but you could use goat cheese or bleu cheese)
- In a small jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar and salt. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- Place the kale leaves into a large salad bowl and, using your hands, sort of massage the olive oil mixture into the leaves.
- Throw the apples, carrots, pecans, and cheese on top of the kale and lightly toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
• ½ cup pecans, chopped
• 1 teaspoon butter
• 1 Tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Melt butter in a small sauté pan, add pecans, honey and brown sugar. Cook on low stirring constantly for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat and put on parchment or waxed paper until cool.