Kale Potato Soup
Very easy, very good soup. A more detailed recipe follows :).
- 2 bunches Kale or about 1 pound cut into bite size pieces
- 12 whole little red, white or purple potatoes, Sliced Thin (I used a mandolin)
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1-1/2 pound sweet, mild or hot Italian Sausage
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 4 cups Half-and-half
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- Black Pepper and Sea Salt To Taste
Chop the kale and set it aside, slice the potatoes and set those aside. In a large pot, crumble and brown the Italian sausage. Drain as much as the fat as you can. Add the potatoes, oregano, chicken broth, milk, and half-and-half. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add salt, pepper and some red pepper flakes for taste. This soup is sooo easy and sooo good. the more kale the better, so eat some greens :).