The Best Meatloaf Ever, I Promise
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes (without juice)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs or Panko
- 2 hard boiled eggs (I always do this, but you don’t have too. I boil the eggs, peel them, stick them inside the meatloaf. Maddy loves it. It’s fun!)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all meat loaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf. Cover with tinfoil.