- 2 tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil or olive oil of your choice,
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar or apple cider
- ⅛ teaspoon salt,
- 6 cups torn kale leaves, big ribs removed and discarded
- ½ an apple, cut into thin pieces
- 1 – 2 carrots julienned
- 1/2 cup honeyed pecans (see below)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese but you could use goat cheese or bleu cheese)
1. In a small jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar and salt. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
2. Place the kale leaves into a large salad bowl and, using your hands, sort of massage the olive oil mixture into the leaves.
3. Throw the apples, carrots, pecans, and cheese on top of the kale and lightly toss to combine.
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Melt butter in a small sauté pan, add pecans, honey and brown sugar. Cook on low stirring constantly for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat and put on parchment or waxed paper until cool.