This is one of those dishes that taste better the next day because everything has had time to absorb the flavors ;).
- 1 16 oz. package penne
- 1 c. green beans, ends trimmed, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 c. parsley chopped
- 1-2 spring onions chopped
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 8 slices hard salami, cut into small pieces ** Optional
- 1/4 cup lemon infused balsamic vinegar or 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon infused olive oil or 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. dijon mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions, throw green beans in boiling water the last 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse pasta in cool water. Drain.
- Toss together all ingredients including the vinaigrette.
- Cover and chill.