Cast of Characters:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate-quince infused vinegar or red apple infused vinegar or sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon or blood orange infused olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and very thinly sliced with a mandoline or a knife. This is approximately 20 Brussels sprouts.
- 1 large or 2 small (Pink lady, Honeycrisp or Gala) diced
- ½ cup shaved or ground parmesan cheese
From the Market:
Brussel Sprouts (1 ½ lbs.)
Crisp red-skinned apple such as a Pink Lady or Gala (1)
- In a glass jar with a lid or in a small mixing bowl, combine the lemon and orange juices, lemon and orange zests, mustard, vinegar, oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and pepper to taste. Shake the jar vigorously or whisk in the bowl to emulsify.
- In a salad bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts and apples. Add the dressing and toss gently.Top with the parmesan cheese shavings. Season with salt and pepper and serve.