- 3/4 c. bottled or homemade poppy seed dressing (see below)
- 1/4 c. minced green onions
- 3 T. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 c. chopped cooked chicken
- 2 c. diced fresh strawberries
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Salt, to taste
- Stir together the poppy seed dressing, green onions, basil, and black pepper in a large bowl. Fold in the chicken, strawberries, and pecans. Add salt to taste.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
Note: This salad is best eaten the day it is made. Though it was still tasty the next day, be aware that on the second day the strawberries will have gotten a bit limp and some of their color will have 'bled' onto the chicken.
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. white balsamic vinegar or strawberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. white, yellow, or Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until well combined.